Saturday, September 30, 2023

Listen Attentively

 

HOUSE OF SEALTHIEL - CONSTRUCTION
September 30, 2019


He read out of the book from daybreak till midday, 
in the presence of the men, the women, 
and those children old enough to understand; 
and all the people listened attentively to the book of the law. 
NEHEMIAH 8:3


Tell me, if you know all: Which is the way to the dwelling place of light, and where is the abode of darkness, that you may take them to their boundaries and set them on their homeward paths?  (Jb 38:18-20) I will be for her an encircling wall of fire", says the Lord, and "I will be the glory in her midst.” (Zec 2:9)

Jesus said, “Pay attention to what I am telling you. The Son of Man is to be handed over to men. (Lk 9:44) Whoever listens to you listens to Me. Whoever rejects you rejects Me. And whoever rejects Me rejects the one who sent Me.” (Lk 10:16)

They did not understand this saying; its meaning was hidden from them so that they should not understand it, and they were afraid to ask Him about this saying (Lk 9:45). Behold, I am of little account; what can I answer you? I put my hand over my mouth. Though I have spoken once, I will not do so again; though twice, I will do so no more. (Jb 40:4-5)

Hear the word of the Lord, O nations, proclaim it on distant isles, and say: He who scattered, now gathers them together; He guards them as a shepherd His flock (Jer 31:10). Today is holy to the Lord your God. Do not be sad, and do not weep. Go, eat rich foods and drink sweet drinks, and allot portions to those who had nothing prepared; for today is holy to our Lord. Do not be saddened this day, for rejoicing in the Lord must be your strength! (Neh 8:9-10)

The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul; the decree of the Lord is trustworthy, giving wisdom to the simple. The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; the command of the Lord is clear, enlightening the eye. The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever; the ordinances of the Lord are true, all of them just. They are more precious than gold, than a heap of purest gold; sweeter also than syrup or honey from the comb. (Ps 19:8-11)

O Lord, you have probed me and you know me; You know when I sit and when I stand; You understand my thoughts from afar. My journeys and my rest You scrutinize, with all my ways You are familiar. (Ps 139:1-3) Truly You have formed my inmost being; You knit me in my mother’s womb. I give You thanks that I am fearfully, wonderfully made; wonderful are Your works. (Ps 139:13-14)