Sunday, October 1, 2023

Know the Ways of the Lord

 

PARKING - CONCRETING
October 01, 2020


Your ways, O Lord, make known to me; teach me your paths, 
guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my savior. 
PSALM 25:4-5


Thus says the Lord: You say, “The Lord’s way is not fair!” Hear now, house of Israel: Is it my way that is unfair, or rather, are not your ways unfair? (Ez 18:25)

When someone virtuous turns away from virtue to commit iniquity, and dies, it is because of the iniquity he committed that he must die. But if he turns from the wickedness he has committed, and does what is right and just, he shall preserve his life; since he has turned away from all the sins that he has committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die. (Ez 18:26-28)

Do nothing out of selfishness or out of vainglory; rather, humbly regard others as more important than yourselves, each looking out not for his own interests, but also for those of others. (Phil 2:3-4)

Jesus said, “When John came to you in the way of righteousness, you did not believe him; but tax collectors and prostitutes did. Yet even when you saw that, you did not later change your minds and believe him. Amen, I say to you, tax collectors and prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God before you.” (Mt 21:32,31)

Good and upright is the Lord; thus he shows sinners the way. He guides the humble to justice, he teaches the humble his way. (Ps 25:8-9) Have in you the same attitude that is also yours in Christ Jesus. (Phil 2:5)

Lord, I know that You can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be hindered. I have dealt with great things that I do not understand; things too wonderful for me, which I cannot know. I had heard of You by word of mouth, but now my eye has seen You. Therefore I disown what I have said, and repent in dust and ashes. (Jb 42:2-6)

Remember that Your compassion, O Lord, and your kindness are from of old. The sins of my youth and my frailties remember not; in Your kindness remember me, because of Your goodness, O Lord. (Ps 25:6-7)