Friday, September 29, 2023

Great is the Glory of the Lord!

 

INNER PARKING - CONCRETING
September 28, 2020


All the kings of the earth shall give thanks to you, O Lord, 
when they hear the words of your mouth; and they shall sing 
of the ways of the Lord: “Great is the glory of the Lord.”
PSALM 138:4-5


As I watched: Thrones were set up and the Ancient One took his throne. His clothing was snow bright, and the hair on his head as white as wool; his throne was flames of fire, with wheels of burning fire. A surging stream of fire flowed out from where he sat; Thousands upon thousands were ministering to him, and myriads upon myriads attended him. The court was convened, and the books were opened. (Dn 7:9-10)

As the visions during the night continued, I saw One like a son of man coming, on the clouds of heaven; when He reached the Ancient One and was presented before Him, He received dominion, glory, and kingship; nations and peoples of every language serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that shall not be taken away; His kingship shall not be destroyed. (Dn 7:13-14)

Jesus said, “You will see greater things than this. Amen, amen, I say to you, you will see heaven opened and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man.” (Jn 1:50-51) Here is a true child. There is no duplicity in him.” (Jn 1:47)

If one has duplicity or guile it means they are two-faced and cunning. They are skilled in the art of deception. This is a dangerous and deadly quality to have. But to say the opposite, that one has “no duplicity” or “no guile” is a way of saying that they are honest, straightforward, sincere, transparent and real.

Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel! (Jn 1:49) I will give thanks to You, O Lord, with all my heart, for You have heard the words of my mouth; in the presence of the angels I will sing Your praise; I will worship at Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name. Because of Your kindness and Your truth; for You have made great above all things Your name and your promise. When I called, you answered me; you built up strength within me. (Ps 138:1-3)