Thursday, September 28, 2023

Walk Your Talk

 

HOUSE OF SEALTHIEL - CONSTRUCTION
September 28, 2019


“Come! let us go to implore the favor of the Lord;” 
and, “I too will go to seek the Lord.” 
ZECHARIAH 8:20-21


Consider your ways! You have sown much, but have brought in little; you have eaten, but have not been satisfied; you have drunk, but have not been exhilarated; have clothed yourselves, but not been warmed; and he who earned wages earned them for a bag with holes in it. (Hg 1:5-6)

Jesus said, “No one who sets a hand to the plow and looks to what was left behind is fit for the Kingdom of God (Lk 9:62). Whoever receives this child in My name receives Me, and whoever receives Me receives the one who sent Me. For the one who is least among all of you is the one who is the greatest.” (Lk 9:48)

Naked I came forth from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I go back again. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord! (Jb 1:21) He does great things past finding out, marvelous things beyond reckoning. Should He come near me, I see Him not; should he pass by, I am not aware of Him. (Jb 9:10-11)

I know well that it is so; but how can a man be justified before God? Should one wish to contend with Him, he could not answer Him once in a thousand times. God is wise in heart and mighty in strength; who has withstood Him and remained unscathed? (Jb 9:2-4) Even though I were right, I could not answer him, but should rather beg for what was due me. If I appealed to him and he answered my call, I could not believe that he would hearken to my words. (Jb 9:15-16)

Daily I call upon You, O Lord; to You I stretch out my hands. I, O Lord, cry out to You; with my morning prayer I wait upon You. (Ps 88:10,14) From You let my judgment come; Your eyes behold what is right (Ps 17:2). I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God; incline your ear to me; hear my word. Show your wondrous mercies, O savior of those who flee from their foes to refuge at your right hand. (Ps 17:6-7)