Monday, September 11, 2023

Emulate the Lord's Patience

 

PAVILION GLASS WINDOWS INSTALLATION
September 10, 2023


I was mercifully treated, so that in me, as the foremost, 
Christ Jesus might display all his patience as an example 
for those who would come to believe in him for everlasting life. 
1 TIMOTHY 1 : 16


Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. Of these I am the foremost (1 Tim 1:15). 

Jesus said, “What man among you having a hundred sheep and losing one of them would not leave the ninety-nine in the desert and go after the lost one until he finds it? And when he does find it, he sets it on his shoulders with great joy and, upon his arrival home, he calls together his friends and neighbors and says to them, ‘Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you, in just the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need of repentance." (Lk 15:4-7)

You are a minister in accordance with God’s stewardship given to you to bring to completion for others the word of God (Col 1:25). God chose to make known the riches of the glory of this mystery; it is Christ in you, the hope for glory (Col 1:27). It is He whom you proclaim, admonishing everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that you may present everyone perfect in Christ (Col 1:28).

I am grateful to him who has strengthened me, Christ Jesus our Lord, because He considered me trustworthy in appointing me to the ministry. I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and arrogant, but I have been mercifully treated because I acted out of ignorance in my unbelief. Indeed, the grace of our Lord has been abundant, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus (1 Tim 1:12-14). 

If I preach the Gospel, this is no reason for me to boast, for an obligation has been imposed on me, and woe to me if I do not preach it! If I do so willingly, I have a recompense, but if unwillingly, then I have been entrusted with a stewardship. Although I am free in regard to all, I have made myself a slave to all so as to win over as many as possible. All this I do for the sake of the Gospel, so that I too may have a share in it (1 Cor 9:16-17, 19, 23). 

O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall proclaim Your praise (Ps 51:17).