Thursday, September 12, 2024

Listen to the Voice of the Lord

 

PATHWALK PAINTING
September 12, 2023

The Lord God opens my ear that I may hear; 
and I have not rebelled, have not turned back.
ISAIAH 50:4-5


When the time had fully come, God sent forth His Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" So through God you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son then an heir. (Gal 4:4-7)

Jesus said, "You are thinking not as God does, but as human beings do. Whoever wishes to come after Me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and that of the gospel will save it.” (Mk 8:33-35)

As you received Christ Jesus the Lord, walk in Him, rooted in Him and built upon Him and established in the faith as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving. See to it that no one captivate you with an empty, seductive philosophy according to the tradition of men, according to the elemental powers of the world and not according to Christ. (Col 2:6-8)

I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you, that the Lord Jesus, on the night He was handed over, took bread, and, after He had given thanks, broke it and said, “This is My Body that is for you. Do this in remembrance of Me.” In the same way also the cup, after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My Blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.” For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the death of the Lord until he comes (1 Cor 11:23-26). 

Lord, do not trouble Yourself, for I am not worthy to have You enter under my roof but say the word and let my servant be healed (Lk 7:6-7). 

Behold I come. In the written scroll it is prescribed for me, to do Your will, O my God, is my delight, and Your law is within my heart! I announced Your justice in the vast assembly; I did not restrain my lips, as You, O Lord, know. (Ps 40:8-10)


Published:
September 12, 2023, 7:26 PM