Thursday, September 21, 2023

Build Up the Body of Christ

 

HOUSE OF SEALTHIEL - GROUNDBREAKING
September 21, 2019


And He gave some as Apostles, others as prophets, 
others as evangelists, others as pastors and teachers, 
to equip the holy ones for the work of ministry, 
for building up the Body of Christ.
EPHESIANS 4 :11-12


The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament proclaims His handiwork. Day pours out the word to day; and night to night imparts knowledge. Not a word nor a discourse whose voice is not heard; through all the earth their voice resounds, and to the ends of the world, their message. (Ps 19:2-5)

Jesus said, “Those who are well do not need a physician, but the sick do. Go and learn the meaning of the words, I desire mercy, not sacrifice. I did not come to call the righteous but sinners.” (Mt. 9:12-13)

It is impossible that the blood of bulls and goats take away sins. For this reason, when Christ came into the world, he said: “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me; in holocausts and sin offerings you took no delight in. Then I said, ‘As is written of me in the scroll, behold, I come to do your will, O God.’ ” First he says, “Sacrifices and offerings, holocausts and sin offerings, you neither desired nor delighted in.” These are offered according to the law. Then he says, “Behold, I come to do your will.” He takes away the first to establish the second. By this “will,” we have been consecrated through the offering of the Body of Jesus Christ once for all. (Heb 10:4-10)

Live in a manner worthy of the call you have received, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another through love, striving to preserve the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace: one Body and one Spirit, as you were also called to the one hope of your call; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. (Eph. 4:1-6)

Have mercy upon us, O Lord, the God of all, and look upon us (Sir 36:1). Have mercy, O Lord, upon the people called by thy name, upon Israel, whom thou hast likened to a first-born son (Sir 36:12).

Have mercy on me, God, in Your goodness; in Your abundant compassion blot out my offense. Wash away all my guilt; from my sin cleanse me. (Ps 51:1-4) Let Your mercy come to me, O Lord, Your salvation according to Your promise (Ps 119:41).