Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Household of God

 

HOUSE OF SEALTHIEL - GLASS SEALANT REPAIR
September 20, 2023


You should know how to behave in the household of God, 
which is the Church of the living God, 
the pillar and foundation of truth.
1 TIMOTHY 3:15


Great are the works of the Lord, exquisite in all their delights. Majesty and glory are His work, and His justice endures forever. He has won renown for His wondrous deeds; gracious and merciful is the Lord. He has given food to those who fear Him; He will forever be mindful of His covenant. He has made known to His people the power of His works, giving them the inheritance of the nations. (Ps 111:2-6)

Jesus said, “My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and act on it (Lk 8:21). For the seed that fell on rich soil, they are the ones who, when they have heard the word, embrace it with a generous and good heart, and bear fruit through perseverance.” (Lk 8:15)

Undeniably great is the mystery of devotion, Who was manifested in the flesh, vindicated in the spirit, seen by angels, proclaimed to the Gentiles, believed in throughout the world, taken up in glory (1 Tim 3:16). It is written, “The first man, Adam, became a living being,” the last Adam a life-giving spirit. But the spiritual was not first; rather the natural and then the spiritual. The first man was from the earth, earthly; the second man, from heaven. As was the earthly one, so also are the earthly, and as is the heavenly one, so also are the heavenly. Just as we have borne the image of the earthly one, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly one.” (1 Cor 15:45-49)

Blessed are they whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord (Ps 119:1). All the ways of a man may be right in his own eyes, but it is the Lord who proves hearts (Prv 21:2). The simple are the wiser; when the wise man is instructed, he gains knowledge (Prv 21:11).

Lord, the way of truth I have chosen; I have set Your ordinances before me (Ps 119:30). Make me understand the way of Your precepts, and I will meditate on Your wondrous deeds (Ps 119:27). Give me discernment that I may observe Your law and keep it with all my heart (Ps 119:34). Lead me in the path of your commands, for in it I delight. And I will keep your law continually, forever and ever. (Ps 119:35,44)