Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Continue to Make Progress

 

PAVILION AND SWIMMING POOL AT NIGHT
September 26, 2023


The elders of the Jews continued to make progress in the building, 
supported by the message of the prophets, 
Haggai and Zechariah, son of Iddo.
EZRA 6:14


Jesus said, “My mother and my brothers are those who hear the word of God and act on it. (Lk 8:21). For the one who is least among all of you is the one who is the greatest (Lk 9:48). There is no one who performs a mighty deed in My name who can at the same time speak ill of Me. For whoever is not against us is for us.” (Mk 9:39-40) 

The rebuilding of the house of God: Continue to work on the house of God; rebuild it on its former site. Let the men be repaid for their expenses, in full and without delay. (Ez 6:7-8). Let it be carefully executed (Ez 6:12). Finish the building according to the command of God. Complete this house on the third day of the month Adar, in the sixth year. Celebrate the dedication of this house of God with joy. For the dedication of this house of God, offer a sin offering for all. (Ez 6:14-17). 

I rejoiced because they said to me, “We will go up to the house of the Lord.” And now we have set foot within your gates, built as a city with compact unity. To it the tribes go up, to give thanks to the name of the Lord. (Ps 122:1-4)

Are you jealous for my sake? Would that all the people of the Lord were prophets! Would that the Lord might bestow His spirit on them all! (Nu 11:29) 

The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul; the decree of the Lord is trustworthy, giving wisdom to the simple. The fear of the Lord is pure, enduring forever; the ordinances of the Lord are true, all of them just. (Ps 19:8,10) Though your servant is careful of them, very diligent in keeping them, yet who can detect failings? Cleanse me from my unknown faults! From wanton sin especially, restrain your servant; let it not rule over me. Then shall I be blameless and innocent of serious sin. (Ps 19:12-14)

I call upon you, for you will answer me, O God; incline your ear to me; hear my word. Show your wondrous mercies, O savior of those who flee from their foes to refuge at your right hand. (Ps 17:6-7) Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain wisdom of heart. Fill us at daybreak with your kindness, that we may shout for joy and gladness all our days. (Ps 90:12,14)