Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Receive the Bread of Life

PAVILION ENCLOSURE
August 07, 2023


Amen, amen, I say to you, 
whoever believes has eternal life. 
I am the bread of life.
JOHN 6 : 47-48


The LORD said, “Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a day’s portion every day, that I may test them, whether or not they will walk in My instruction (Ex 16:4).

Jesus said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven (Jn 6:41). Your ancestors ate the manna in the desert, but they died; this is the bread that comes down from heaven so that one may eat it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world.” (Jn 6:49-51)

 “Do not labor for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on Him God the Father has set his seal (Jn 6:27). Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied” (Mt. 5:6).

"It is written by the prophets: They shall all be taught by God. Everyone who listens to my Father and learns from him comes to me. Not that anyone has seen the Father except the one who is from God; he has seen the Father. No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draw him, and I will raise him on the last day" (Jn 6:44)

All your sons will be taught of the LORD; and the well-being of your sons will be great. In righteousness you will be established;
You will be far from oppression, for you will not fear; and from terror, for it will not come near you. (Isa 54:14-15)

Lord, You provided bread from heaven for them for their hunger, You brought forth water from a rock for them for their thirst, and You told them to enter in order to possess the land which You swore to give them (Neh 9:15). You gave Your good Spirit to instruct them, Your manna You did not withhold from their mouth, and You gave them water for their thirst (Neh 9:20).