Monday, August 7, 2023

Love the Lord your God

 

DEMISE OF MY SISTER BUBOP
August 08, 2023


 "The Lord is our God, the Lord alone! 
Therefore, you shall love the Lord, your God, 
with all your heart, and with all your soul, 
and with all your strength." 
DEUTERONOMY 6:4-5


Love means a strong feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection; a profoundly tender, passionate affection. First recorded before 900; Middle English noun love, louve, luve, Old English lufu, cognate with Old Frisian luve, Old High German luba, Gothic lubō; verb derived from the noun; akin to Latin libēre (earlier lubēre ) “to be pleasing,” (Dictionary.com)

I am commanding you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments, His statutes, and His judgments, so that you may live and become numerous, and that the LORD your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to take possession of it (Dt 30:16).

Moreover, the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the hearts of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and all your soul, so that you may live (Dt 30:6).

If you carefully follow all of this commandment which I am commanding you today, to love the LORD your God, and to walk in His ways always—then you shall add three more cities for yourself, besides these three (Dt 19:9).

Take to heart these words which I enjoin on you today. Drill them into your children. Speak of them at home and abroad, whether you are busy or at rest.  Bind them at your wrist as a sign and let them be as a pendant on your forehead. Write them on the doorposts of your houses and on your gates. (Dt 6:6-9)

I love You, O Lord, my strength, O Lord, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer. (R) My God, my rock of refuge, my shield, the horn of my salvation, my stronghold! (Ps 18:2-3)