Wednesday, December 6, 2023

The Lord will Provide

 

HOUSE OF SEALTHIEL - CONSTRUCTION
December 06, 2019


Then He took the seven loaves and the fish, gave thanks, broke the loaves, 
and gave them to the disciples, who in turn gave them to the crowds.
MATTHEW 15:36


This miracle shows the power and compassion of Jesus, who is able to provide for the physical and spiritual needs of His followers. Yes, the Lord will provide. He is the source of all our blessings and the giver of every good gift. He is faithful and generous, and He knows what we need before we ask Him. He is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us.

At that time: Jesus walked by the Sea of Galilee, went up on the mountain, and sat down there. Great crowds came to him, having with them the lame, the blind, the deformed, the mute, and many others. They placed them at his feet, and he cured them. The crowds were amazed when they saw the mute speaking, the deformed made whole, the lame walking, and the blind able to see, and they glorified the God of Israel. Jesus summoned his disciples and said, “My heart is moved with pity for the crowd, for they have been with me now for three days and have nothing to eat. I do not want to send them away hungry, for fear they may collapse on the way.” The disciples said to him, “Where could we ever get enough bread in this deserted place to satisfy such a crowd?” Jesus said to them, “How many loaves do you have?” “Seven,” they replied, “and a few fish.” He ordered the crowd to sit down on the ground. Then he took the seven loaves and the fish, gave thanks, broke the loaves, and gave them to the disciples, who in turn gave them to the crowds. They all ate and were satisfied. They picked up the fragments left over—seven baskets full. (Matthew 15:29-37)

God provides for all our needs, both physical and spiritual. He is the one who comforts us in our sorrows, heals us in our wounds, and delivers us from our enemies. He is the one who gives us hope and peace, joy and love, grace and mercy. He is the one who is faithful and true, righteous and holy, powerful and mighty, wonderful and awesome. He is the one who deserves all our praise and worship, all our honor and glory, all our gratitude and devotion.

As we trust in His provision, may compassion and sustenance be our guiding light, and may we extend our hands to those in need, sharing not only physical nourishment but also the warmth of kindness and love. For the Lord said, “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.” Let us also praise Him for His goodness and thank Him for His grace. 

In this moment of compassion, let us remember the ancient words from the book of Isaiah. It expresses the hope and joy of God’s people who will see His salvation and glory on the day of the Lord.

On this mountain the Lord of hosts will provide for all peoples a feast of rich food and choice wines, juicy, rich food and pure, choice wines. On this mountain He will destroy the veil that veils all peoples, the web that is woven over all nations; He will destroy death forever. The Lord God will wipe away the tears from all faces; the reproach of His people He will remove from the whole earth; for the Lord has spoken. On that day it will be said: “Behold our God, to whom we looked to save us! This is the Lord for whom we looked; let us rejoice and be glad that He has saved us!” For the hand of the Lord will rest on this mountain. (Isaiah 25:6-10)

The Lord is all I need. He is the source of all good things, and that nothing else can compare to His love, grace, and power. The Lord is the ultimate goal and reward of my life, and that nothing else can fulfill or surpass His presence, joy, and glory.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. In verdant pastures he gives me repose; beside restful waters he leads me; he refreshes my soul. He guides me in right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk in the dark valley I fear no evil; for you are at my side with your rod and your staff that give me courage. You spread the table before me in the sight of my foes; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Only goodness and kindness follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord for years to come. (Psalm 23:1-3, 3-4, 5, 6)

Lord, You are all I need. You are my everything and more. You are my hope and my salvation. You are my joy and my peace. You are my love and my grace. You are my strength and my refuge. You are my wisdom and my guide. You are my creator and my redeemer. You are my father and my friend. You are my king and my lord. You are my God and my shepherd.

Help me to trust You and depend on You. Help me to seek You and delight in You. Help me to love You and worship you. Help me to obey You and follow You. Help me to serve You and glorify You. Help me to know You and enjoy You. Help me to be with You and be like You. Help me to live for You and die for You. Amen.



Pericope:

V: Jesus, the Kingdom and the Church
THE HEALING OF MANY PEOPLE / THE FEEDING OF THE FOUR THOUSAND
Matthew 15:29-31 / 32-39

IV: Apocalypse of Isaiah
DEVASTATION OF THE WORLD: A REMNANT SAVED
Isaiah 25:1-12

First Book of Psalms 1-41
THE LORD, SHEPHERD AND HOST
Psalm 23:1-6


Reflection Source:
Copilot with Bing chat