Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Do Not Worry

 

ATIENZAR FAMILY
December 25, 2023


When they hand you over, do not worry 
about how you are to speak or what you are to say. 
You will be given at that moment what you are to say.
MATTHEW 10:19


Do not worry, God is with you. He knows your every need, He sees your every struggle, He hears your every plea. The Lord will never leave your side, He will guide you and protect you, He will be your strength and light. He will fill your heart with peace, He will calm your anxious thoughts, He will give you sweet release. This is the Lord Your God with you, He loves you more than you can know. He will turn your pain to joy and make you whole and grow.

Jesus said to his disciples: “Beware of men, for they will hand you over to courts and scourge you in their synagogues, and you will be led before governors and kings for my sake as a witness before them and the pagans. When they hand you over, do not worry about how you are to speak or what you are to say. You will be given at that moment what you are to say. For it will not be you who speak but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. Brother will hand over brother to death, and the father his child; children will rise up against parents and have them put to death. You will be hated by all because of my name, but whoever endures to the end will be saved.” (Matthew 10:17-22)

St. Stephen, the first of martyrs who bore witness to the Lord with courage and with wisdom proclaimed the living Word. He is a man of vision who beheld the throne of grace with glory and with wonder he beheld the Savior's face. He is a faithful servant who obeyed the Spirit's call with charity and with patience he forgave his killers all. He is the crown of glory who received the victor's palm with honor and with praises he rejoined the heavenly psalm.

Like St. Stephen, receive the Spirit of the Lord. God will fill you with His grace, He will renew your mind and heart, He will transform your life and faith. The Spirit of the Lord will empower you to serve, equip you with His gifts, and enable you to love. He will comfort you in pain,  counsel you in truth, convict you of your sin. He will testify of Christ, He will glorify the Son, He will reveal the Father's light.

Stephen, filled with grace and power, was working great wonders and signs among the people. Certain members of the so-called Synagogue of Freedmen, Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and people from Cilicia and Asia, came forward and debated with Stephen but they could not withstand the wisdom and the spirit with which he spoke. When they heard this, they were infuriated, and they ground their teeth at him. But he, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked up intently to heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, and he said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” But they cried out in a loud voice, covered their ears, and rushed upon him together. They threw him out of the city, and began to stone him. The witnesses laid down their cloaks at the feet of a young man named Saul. As they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” (Acts 6:8-10; 7:54-59)

God is our rock of refuge. He is our shelter and our shield, our fortress and our strength, our hope and our heal. The Lord is our anchor and guide, protector and friend. He is our savior and our light, our helper and our grace, deliverer and peace, our joy and our praise.

Be my rock of refuge, a stronghold to give me safety. You are my rock and my fortress; for your name’s sake you will lead and guide me. Into your hands I commend my spirit; you will redeem me, O Lord, O faithful God. I will rejoice and be glad of your mercy. Rescue me from the clutches of my enemies and my persecutors. Let your face shine upon your servant; save me in your kindness. (Psalm 31:3-4, 6, 8, 16, 17)

Lord, into Your hands, I place my life and commend my spirit. You alone knows what's best for me. I believed that You have a plan and a purpose and You will fulfill the destiny that You have set for me. In Your hands I find my peace. You calm my troubled soul, gives me hope and joy, and makes me whole. As always, I trust Your will. You are my Lord and King, my Savior and my Friend. You are my everything. All glory and honor are Yours now and forever. Amen.



Pericope:

III. Ministry and Mission in Galilee
COMING PERSECUTIONS
Matthew 10:16-25

II: The Mission in Jerusalem
ACCUSATION AGAINST STEPHEN / STEPHEN'S MARTYRDOM
Acts 6:8-15 / 7:54-60

First Book of Psalms 1-41
PRAYER IN DISTRESS AND THANKSGIVING FOR ESCAPE
Psalm 31:1-25

Reflection Source:
Copilot with Bing Chat