Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Teach Us to Pray

 

HOUSE OF MICHAEL - CONSTRUCTION
October 11, 2020


Jesus was praying in a certain place, 
and when He had finished, 
one of His disciples said to Him, 
“Lord, teach us to pray just as John taught his disciples.” 
LUKE 11:1


Jesus said, “When you pray, say: Father, hallowed be Your name, Your Kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread and forgive us our sins for we ourselves forgive everyone in debt to us, and do not subject us to the final test.” (Lk 11:2-4)

I knew that You are a gracious and merciful God, slow to anger, rich in clemency, loathe to punish (Jon 4:2). All the nations You have made shall come and worship you, O Lord, and glorify Your name. For You are great, and You do wondrous deeds; You alone are God. (Ps 86:9-10) I will lift up my hands to Your commands and meditate on Your statutes (Ps 119:48). 

Have mercy on me, O Lord, for to You I call all the day. Gladden the soul of Your servant for to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul. For You, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in kindness to all who call upon You. Hearken, O Lord, to my prayer and attend to the sound of my pleading. (Ps 86:3-6)

Let Your mercy come to me, O Lord, Your salvation according to Your promise. Take not the word of truth from my mouth, for in Your ordinances is my hope. And I will keep Your law continually, forever and ever. And I will walk at liberty, because I seek Your precepts. And I will delight in Your commands, which I love. (Ps 119:41,43-47)

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. In verdant pastures He gives me repose; beside restful waters He leads me; He refreshes my soul. He guides me in right paths for His name’s sake. Even though I walk in the dark valley I fear no evil; for You are at my side with Your rod and Your staff that give me courage. You spread the table before me in the sight of my foes; You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Only goodness and kindness follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord for years to come. (Ps 23:1-6)

My God will fully supply whatever you need, in accord with His glorious riches in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father, glory forever and ever. Amen. (Phil 4:19-20)