Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Set Out for the Great City

 

INNER PARKING - CONCRETING
October 04, 2020


This is the word of the Lord that came to Jonah, son of Amittai: 
“Set out for the great city of Nineveh, and preach against it; 
their wickedness has come up before Me.”  
JONAH 1:1–2


“How could I not look sad when the city where my ancestors are buried lies in ruins, and its gates have been eaten out by fire? If your servant is deserving of your favor, send me to the city of my ancestors’ graves, to rebuild it. The king granted my requests, for the favoring hand of my God was upon me.” (Neh 2:3,5,8)

Jesus said, “You are anxious and worried about many things. There is need of only one thing. (Lk 10:41-42) Follow me.” (Lk 9:59)

Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:6-7)

Finally, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Keep on doing what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me. Then the God of peace will be with you. (Phil 4:8-9)

He, who from my mother’s womb had set me apart and called me through His grace, was pleased to reveal His Son to me, so that I might proclaim Him to the Gentiles. (Gal 1:15-16) 

O Lord, You have probed me and You know me; You know when I sit and when I stand; You understand my thoughts from afar. My journeys and my rest you scrutinize, with all my ways you are familiar. (Ps 139:1-3) Truly You have formed my inmost being; You knit me in my mother’s womb. I give you thanks that I am fearfully, wonderfully made; wonderful are your works. My soul also you knew full well; nor was my frame unknown to You when I was made in secret, when I was fashioned in the depths of the earth. (Ps 139:13-15)