Sunday, September 3, 2023

Reconcile All Things

 

OUR LADY OF THE PILLAR PARISH
September 03, 2017


In Him all the fullness was pleased to dwell, and through Him 
to reconcile all things for Him, making peace by the Blood of His cross 
through Him, whether those on earth or those in heaven. 
COLOSSIANS 1:19-20


Christ Jesus is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For in Him were created all things in heaven and on earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things were created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. He is the head of the Body, the Church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He himself might be preeminent. (Col 1:15-18)

Jesus said, “Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. What profit would there be for one to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? Or what can one give in exchange for his life? For the Son of Man will come with his angels in his Father’s glory, and then He will repay everyone according to his conduct.  (Mt 16:24-27)

Learn not to go beyond what is written, so that none of you will be inflated with pride (1 Cor 4:6). Do not conform yourselves to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect (Rom 12:2). By the mercies of God, offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God, your spiritual worship (Rom 12:1). 

The Lord is just in all His ways and holy in all His works. The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth. (Ps 145:17-18) He fulfills the desire of those who fear Him; he hears their cry and saves them (Ps 145:19). May my mouth speak the praise of the Lord, and may all flesh bless His holy name forever and ever. (Ps 145:21)

O God, You are my God whom I seek; for You my flesh pines and my soul thirsts like the earth, parched, lifeless and without water. (Ps 63:2). Your kindness is a greater good than life; my lips shall glorify You. Thus will I bless You while I live; lifting up my hands, I will call upon Your name. (Ps 63:4-5) You are my help, and in the shadow of Your wings I shout for joy. My soul clings fast to You; Your right hand upholds me. (Ps 63:8-9)