Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Take Possession of the Land

 

PAVILION ENCLOSURE - GLASS WINDOWS AND DOORS
August 29, 2023


“Now, hear the statutes and decrees 
which I am teaching you to observe, that you may live, 
and may enter in and take possession of the land 
which the Lord, the God of your fathers, is giving you." 
DEUTERONOMY 4 : 1


All good giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no alteration or shadow caused by change (Jas 1:17). 

God willed to give you birth by the word of truth that you may be the kind of firstfruits of His creatures (Jas 1:18). Humbly welcome the word that has been planted in you and is able to save your souls (Jas 1:21). Be doers of the word and not hearers only, deluding yourselves (Jas 1:22). 

Jesus said, “This people honors Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me; In vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines human precepts. You disregard God’s commandment but cling to human tradition.” (Mk 7:6-8)

In your observance of the commandments of the Lord, your God, you shall not add nor subtract from it (Dt 4:2). Observe them carefully, for thus will you give evidence of your wisdom and intelligence (Dt 4:6). What great nation has statutes and decrees that are as just as this whole law which I am setting before you today?” (Dt 4:8) Religion that is pure and undefiled before God and the Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their affliction and to keep oneself unstained by the world. (Jas 1:27)

Whoever walks blamelessly and does justice; who thinks the truth in his heart and slanders not with his tongue (Ps 15:2). Who harms not his fellow man, nor takes up a reproach against his neighbor; by whom the reprobate is despised, while he honors those who fear the Lord (Ps 15:3-4). Who lends not his money at usury and accepts no bribe against the innocent. Whoever does these things shall never be disturbed. (Ps 15:5)

O God, You have taught me from my youth, and till the present I proclaim Your wondrous deeds (Ps 71:17). My mouth shall declare Your justice, day by day Your salvation (Ps 71:15). On you I depend from birth; from my mother’s womb You are my strength (Ps 71:6). Be my rock of refuge, a stronghold to give me safety, for You are my rock and my fortress (Ps 71:3).