Monday, August 14, 2023

Serve the Lord Completely and Sincerely

 

PAVILION ENCLOSURE - PAINTING
August 13, 2023


Fear the Lord and serve Him 
completely and sincerely.
JOSHUA 24 : 14


If it does not please you to serve the Lord, decide today whom you will serve. As for me and my household, we will serve the Lord. (Jos 14:15)

The Lord, your God is a holy and jealous God (Jos 24:19). Cast out and put away all the strange gods of this age that are among you. Never forsake the Lord for the service of other gods (Jos 24:16). 

God does not hold not back! It was the Lord, your God, who brought you out of a state of slavery. He performed great miracles before your very eyes and protected you along your entire journey (Jos 24:17). He brought you to the land that He promised to give you. Look on in awe and trust in the Lord. Turn your hearts to the Lord and obey His voice (Jos 24:23-24). 

You are your own witnesses that you have chosen to serve the Lord. Make a covenant and record it in the book of the law of God (Jos 24:25-26). Take a large stone and set it up in the sanctuary of the Lord. This stone shall be your witness, for it has heard all the words which the Lord spoke to you. It shall be a witness against you, should you wish to deny your God (Jos 24:27).

I bless the Lord who counsels me; even in the night my heart exhorts me. I set the Lord ever before me; with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed. (Ps 16:7-8)

Keep me, O God, for in You I take refuge; I say to the Lord, “My Lord are You” (Ps 16:1-2). O Lord, my allotted portion and my cup, You it is who hold fast my lot (Ps 16:5). You will show me the path to life, fullness of joys in your presence, the delights at your right hand forever (Ps 16:11).