Saturday, August 12, 2023

Be Still

 

PAVILION ENCLOSURE - CONCRETING WORKS
August 11, 2023


While all Israel crossed over on dry ground, 
the priests carrying the ark of the covenant 
of the Lord remained motionless 
on dry ground in the bed of the Jordan 
until the whole nation had completed the passage.
JOSHUA 3 : 17


The Lord said, “Today I will begin to exalt you that they may know I am with you" (Jos 3:7). Take to heart these words which I enjoin on you today. (Dt. 6:6)

Come to a halt. Come here and listen to the words of the Lord, your God. This is how you will know that there is a living God in your midst. (Jos 3:8-10). When the Lord, your God, brings you into the land which He swore that He would give you, a land with fine, large cities that you did not build, with houses full of goods of all sorts that you did not garner, with cisterns that you did not dig, with vineyards and olive groves that you did not plant; and when, therefore, you eat your fill. (Dt. 6:10-11)

The Lord is our God, the Lord alone! Therefore, you shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength. (Dt 6:4-5) Drill them into your children. Speak of them at home and abroad, whether you are busy or at rest.  Bind them at your wrist as a sign and let them be as a pendant on your forehead. Write them on the doorposts of your houses and on your gates. (Dt. 6:7-9)

The Lord, your God, shall you fear; Him shall you serve, and by His name shall you swear (Dt 6:13). Take care not to forget the Lord, who brought you out of slavery (Dt. 6:12).

Jesus said, “Amen, I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” (Mt. 17:20)

I love you, O Lord, my strength, O Lord, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer. My God, my rock of refuge, my shield, the horn of my salvation, my stronghold! Praised be the Lord, I exclaim, and I am safe from my enemies. (Ps 18:2-4) You who gave great victories and showed kindness to your anointed (Ps 18:51). The Lord lives! And blessed be my Rock! Extolled be God, my savior! (Ps 18:47)