Sunday, August 27, 2023

Be Glad in the Lord

 

ANTONETTE AND FRIENDS
August 26, 2023


Be glad in the Lord, you just, 
and give thanks to His holy name.
PSALM 97 : 12


Jesus said, "Well done, my good and faithful servant. Since you were faithful in small matters, I will give you great responsibilities. Come, share your master’s joy. (Mt. 25:21,23). Everyone who has, more will be given and he will grow rich; but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away" (Mt 25:29). 

The Lord entrusted His possessions to you as His servant according to your ability (Mt 25:15). Consider your own calling. God chose the foolish of the world to shame the wise, and God chose the weak of the world to shame the strong, and God chose the lowly and despised of the world, those who count for nothing, to reduce to nothing those who are something, so that no human being might boast before God. (1 Cor 1:26-29)

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How inscrutable are His judgments and how unsearchable His ways! For who has known the mind of the Lord or who has been His counselor? Or who has given Him anything that He may be repaid? For from Him and through Him and for Him are all things. To Him be glory forever. Amen. (Rom 11:33-36)

The Lord is king; let the earth rejoice; let the many isles be glad (Ps 97:1). Light dawns for the just; and gladness, for the upright of heart (Ps 97:11). Our soul waits for the Lord, who is our help and our shield, for in Him our hearts rejoice; in His holy name we trust. (Psalm 33:20-21)

Lord, You are the Christ, the Son of the living God! (Mt 16:16). Your love is eternal; do not forsake the work of Your hands. I give thanks to You, O Lord, with all my heart, for You have heard the words of my mouth; in the presence of the angels I sing Your praise; I will worship at Your holy temple. I give thanks to Your name, because of Your kindness and Your truth. When I called, You answered me; You built up strength within me. (Ps 138:1-3)