Saturday, July 22, 2023

Seek and You shall Find

 

MANNY CRISOSTOMO AND FAMILY
July 21, 2023

"Ask, and it will be given to you; 
seek, and you will find; 
knock, and it will be opened to you."
MATTHEW 7:7 ; LUKE 11:9


Seek means to go in search or quest of (to seek the truth), to try to find or discover by searching or questioning (to seek the solution to a problem). First recorded before 900; Middle English seken, Old English sēcan; cognate with German suchen, Old Norse sœkja, Gothic sōkjan; akin to Latin sāgīre “to perceive by scent”. (Dictionary.com)

“Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided to you" (Mt 6:33).

Seek the LORD while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that he may have mercy on him, and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon (Isaiah 55:6-7). Look to the Lord in His strength; seek to serve Him constantly (Ps 105:4). 

The one who searches hearts knows what is the intention of the Spirit, because it intercedes for the holy ones according to God’s will (Rom 8:27).  Glory in His holy name; rejoice, O hearts that seek the Lord! (Ps 105:3). 

I sought the Lord, and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears (Ps 34:5). I sought Him whom my heart loves (Song 3:1). 

O God, you are my God whom I seek; for you my flesh pines and my soul thirsts like the earth, parched, lifeless and without water (Ps 63:2). I am yours; save me, for I have sought your precepts (Ps 119:94).With all my heart I seek you; let me not stray from your commands (Ps 119:10).