Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Multiply and Become Fruitful in the Land

 

MANNY CRISOSTOMO AND FAMILY
July 24, 2023

When you multiply and become fruitful in the land, says the Lord, 
they will in those days no longer say, 
“The ark of the covenant of the Lord!” 
They will no longer think of it, or remember it, or miss it, or make another. 
JEREMIAH 3:16


Multiply means to make many or manifold; increase the number, quantity, etc., of. Other words for muliply are proliferate and grow. First recorded in 1225–75; Middle English multiplien, from Old French multiplier, from Latin multiplicāre.

“Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” (Gen 1:22,28)

“I will make My covenant between Me and you, and I will multiply you exceedingly (Gen 17:2). So I will turn toward you and make you fruitful and multiply you, and I will confirm My covenant with you (Lev 26:9). Indeed I will greatly bless you, and I will greatly multiply your seed as the stars of the heavens and as the sand, which is on the seashore; and your seed shall possess the gate of their enemies (Gen 22:17). I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven, and will give your descendants all these lands; and by your descendants all the nations of the earth shall be blessed" (Gen 26:4).

“Moreover, I will save you from all your uncleanness; and I will call for the grain and multiply it, and I will not bring a famine on you. Instead, I will multiply the fruit of the tree and the produce of the field, so that you will not receive again the disgrace of famine." (Ex 26:29-30).

May God Almighty bless you and make you fruitful and multiply you. (Gen. 28:3).