Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Hope in Jesus

 

JOBERTO "MANG BERT" ARCENA AND FAMILY
July 17, 2023


A bruised reed He will not break, a smoldering wick He will not quench, 
until He brings justice to victory. And in His name the Gentiles will hope. 
MATTHEW 12 : 20-21


With what shall you come before the Lord, and bow before God most high? Shall you come before Him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, with myriad streams of oil? Shall you give your first-born for your crime, the fruit of your body for the sin of your soul? - Micah 6:6-7

The Lord said, “Not for your sacrifices do I rebuke you, for your burnt offerings are before me always. I take from your house no bullock, no goats out of your fold (Ps 50:8-9). Why do you recite my statutes, and profess my covenant with your mouth, though you hate discipline and cast my words behind you? (Ps 50:16-17). When you do these things, shall I be deaf to it? Or do you think that I am like yourself? I will correct you by drawing them up before your eyes (Ps 50:21). 

Today, you have been told what is good, and what the Lord requires of you: Only to do right and to love goodness, and to walk humbly with your God (Mi 6:8). He that offers praise as a sacrifice glorifies Me; and to him that goes the right way I will show the salvation of God (Ps. 50:23).

Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will raise up a righteous shoot to David; as king He shall reign and govern wisely, He shall do what is just and right in the land (Jer. 23:5).

I myself will gather the remnant of my flock from all the lands to which I have driven them and bring them back to their meadow; there they shall increase and multiply (Jer. 23:3). In His days Judah shall be saved, Israel shall dwell in security. This is the name they give Him: “The Lord our justice.” (Jer. 23:6)