Saturday, July 29, 2023

Believe and Live

 

VILLA ALESSA - ACQUISITION OF LAND
July 29, 2019


“I am the resurrection and the life; 
whoever believes in me, even if he dies, will live, 
and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. 
Do you believe this?” 
JOHN 11:25-26


Believe means to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so, to have confidence or faith in the truth of (a positive assertion, story, etc.); give credence to, to have confidence in the assertions of (a person). First recorded in 1150–1200; Middle English bileven, equivalent to bi- be- + leven, Old English (Anglian) gelēfan (cognate with Dutch gelooven, German glauben, Gothic galaubjan )

Jesus said, “Do you believe that I am able to do this? (Matthew 9:28). Therefore, I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted to you (Mark 11:24). Do not be afraid, only believe (Mark 5:36). You will see greater things than these.” (John 1:50)

“If I told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? (John 3:12) How can you believe, when you accept glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only God? (John 5:44). Unless you people see signs and wonders, you simply will not believe (John 4:48). Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that 'I AM', you will die in your sins” (John 8:24).

“This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29). The works that I do in My Father's name, these testify of Me (John 10:25). If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me; but if I do them, even though you do not believe Me, believe the works, so that you may know and understand that the Father is in Me, and I in the Father” (John 10:37-38).

He came as a witness, to testify about the Light, so that all might believe through Him (John 1:17). As many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name (John 1:12). The one who believes in Him is not judged; the one who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God (John 3:18).

Lord Jesus, “I do believe; help my unbelief!” (Mark 9:24)